I thnik I may have Hep C

Dear Doc,

I been reading a lot on this forum and going by just the symptoms that you mention before I think I may have Hep C. I scared to death! I had a possible exposure about 4 years ago while giving a woman I met oral.(Vag to my month) I never saw her again and was never able to find out her status. When I got back from vacation I waited for months to get tested for HIV and that came back Neg, twice. I went to a clinic and explain what happen and asked to be tested for Hep C, and was told that my risk wasn't high so they wouldn't test me. I forgot to mention that I suffer from Hypothyrodism and have been dealing with that for some time also.

I then went to my doctor and asked her to a full physical and she did (1 year after exposure) My liver function test all came back in normal range. Then again (2 Years Post exposure) still all normal. But about 5 months ago I noticed that was getting naseau in the morning and starting having upper right quadrant pain right under my rib cage. I also starting getting slight fatigue! At first I thought it was from the Hypothyroid, but now I'm not sure as I got my test for my thyroid and my TSH level were in the normal range. Last week what scared me even more was that I started experiencing insomia and itchy skin! (Not really itchy, but you know the feeling you get like something is crawling under your skin, or even pins and needles feeling)

Told my doctor the other day and she said that I had a sinus and ear infection and gave me antibotics to clear the infection. Did a blood work for my thyroid, and everything was alright with that.

So I losing my mind, I hear that itchy skin is a sign of advance liver diease! Please help, I really appreciate your thoughts!

I suspect you do not have HCV infection. However, since it is causing you much distress, you can always talk to your physician about getting tested to put your mind at ease.

Hep V vaccinated, + antibody/- core, then + core 2 yrs later??
Hep C transmission from kissing partner