|Hep C from a "bullet"
Oct 13, 2010
Hi Dr McGovern,
I recently shared a drug bullet (a small plastic bullet shaped device for intra-nasal drug delivery) with a guy of unknown Hep C status (although he is HIV+ve like me). I only shared it once (or maybe twice). What are my chances of getting Hep C if he was infected? Thanks again. M.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Sounds unlikely, but I will say that a recent article showed that HCV can persist in nasal secretions. It would be reasonable to get testing, but remember that the risk is extremely low.
Hepatitis from dried blood
Hep V vaccinated, + antibody/- core, then + core 2 yrs later??
- Groin Pain Could I Have AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Groin Pain After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.