Hep B vaccination and Hep B surface Ag

Is it possible to get a positive Hep B surface Ag if I do a blood test within 2 weeks of receiving my third dose of Hep B vaccine? If so, how long should I wait to do a blood test to see if the vaccine works?

thank you

Actually if you want to see if the vaccine worked, you want to get a surface antibody - not antigen....

Routine checking is actually not recommended since the vaccine works so well. Testing for anti-HBs is recommended however for special groups: those who have chronic HBV partners, those who are immunosuppressed....

surface antibodies negative
Hepatitis from dried blood