|Hep B vaccination and Hep B surface Ag
Oct 13, 2010
Is it possible to get a positive Hep B surface Ag if I do a blood test within 2 weeks of receiving my third dose of Hep B vaccine? If so, how long should I wait to do a blood test to see if the vaccine works?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Actually if you want to see if the vaccine worked, you want to get a surface antibody - not antigen....
Routine checking is actually not recommended since the vaccine works so well. Testing for anti-HBs is recommended however for special groups: those who have chronic HBV partners, those who are immunosuppressed....
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Give A Male Oral Sex, Can I Get An Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.