|Hep B vaccination and Hep B surface Ag
Oct 13, 2010
Is it possible to get a positive Hep B surface Ag if I do a blood test within 2 weeks of receiving my third dose of Hep B vaccine? If so, how long should I wait to do a blood test to see if the vaccine works?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Actually if you want to see if the vaccine worked, you want to get a surface antibody - not antigen....
Routine checking is actually not recommended since the vaccine works so well. Testing for anti-HBs is recommended however for special groups: those who have chronic HBV partners, those who are immunosuppressed....
surface antibodies negative
Hepatitis from dried blood
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- How Does Cervical Cancer Affect Your Reproductive System?
- If A Man Pulls Out Before He Comes Can I Still Get A Std?
- Can Hiv Positive People Receive Hair Transplants?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.