medicine forgot

ELLO DOC, I AM ON FIRST LINE OF MEDICINE AS PER INDIAN GOVERMENT HOSPITAL THAT IS ZIDOVUDINE 300mG + LAMIVUDINE 150mg + NEVIRAPINE 200mg. MY CD4 COUNT AS ON TODAY IS 450 BEFORE 6 MONTHS IT WAS 517. IS THIS CHANGE IS NORMAL OR HAVE TO BE TAKEN IN NOTICE AND NEEDS CARE. SECOUNDLY I WANT TO KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MY GOVERNMENT DOC THAT I HAVE TO TAKE THIS MEDICINE EXACTLY AFTER 12 HOURS FROM THE FIRST ONE, SO I TAKE AT ONE IN 10am AND SECOUND AT 10pm. I AM TAKING THIS FROM PAST 2 YEARS AND 10 MONTHS ON REGULAR BASIS COULD BE 10 TO 20 MINUTES HERE THERE ON 4 TO 5 OCCASIONS BUT YESTERDAY I SKIPED/MISSED MY MORNING TABLET DUE TO BUSY IN WORK DOES THIS MAKE ME RESISTANCE TO MY CURRENT MEDICINE. MAINLY I WANT TO KNOW THIS ABOUT FORGOTTEN OF SINGLE DOSE IN THIS PERIOD WILL ALSO MAKE ME RESISTANCE TO MEDICINE. AND ADVICE ME WHAT TO DO AS I AM BIT IN TENSE ABOUT THIS. GIVE SHORT GUIDE LINE FOR THIS MEDICINE HOW TO TAKE AND TIME LIMIT BETWEEN TWO DOSES.

It sounds like the medications are working great in you because you are taking them so faithfully. Taking them at exact intervals is optimal, but quite frankly, most people don't take them so rigidly. One missed dose will not lead to resistance - particularly if your virus has been suppressed for a long time - so don't worry.

In the future, please send all HIV questions to the HIV forum. I answer questions related to hepatitis in patients with HCV or HBV alone or in patients with HIV.

Living with Hep B carriers since 6 years known. with one baby
Hepatitis C