CONFUSING 6 MONTH HEPATITIS AND HIV TESTs, NEED YOUR HELP

Dear Doctor Babara

I recently got the results of my 6 month tests, i had taken PEP for 30 days in April, the exposure was last day of March. The test was taken 180 days after possible exposure. HEP A,C and HIV are negative. Now HEP B, this is where it gets confusing, NEGATIVE FOR THE FOLLOWING: HBcAb,HBsAb,HBsAg, BUT the test says I have a 1.4 ml content. Excuse the language, BUT what the hell does that mean. I heard that if your negative for the HBcAb, then you didnt get it in the past 6 months. Do i have HEP B or not, is it a false positive or did I get it a while ago, like longer than 6 months. also is the 180 days sufficient for such tests, more specifically the HEP C tests.

Thanx

Marc

I suspect the laboratory report may be confusing you but that the results are fine. Would discuss with your doctor.

Hep C Transmission via subcutaneous needlestick
Living with Hep B carriers since 6 years known. with one baby