Am I at risk

I am a student at a medical school. The other day we was practicing giving shots, I put the cap in the wrong container and had to get it out. I didn't have my gloves on, and when I picked it up I realized there was a sterile pad with some blood on it, I threw away the cap in the sharps container then quickly went and washed my hands. I wanted to know if I am at risk of getting HIV or any hepititis.

I always tell medical providers to report all potential exposures to their employee health service. That is for your own protection.

I will say however, that you risk is negligible because transmission requires blood to blood exposure.

Best of luck with medical school. It is a time of logarithm learning!

Hep B and Pregnancy
Fatty liver