Dying due to worries : ""MY 5 YEAR OLD Girl""" - NEED YOUR ADVISE

My 5 years old daughter and myself visited my brothers place last weekend, My brother have HCV. During which my daughter had cut her fingers running over a shaving razor, which my brother had kept after using it ( My brother told he used it 15 hours before ). He said that he also had a small cut while he shaved .

My brother and myself are very worried about it .

There was minimum of 15 hours gap.

Doctor what should i do now ? I have already seen pains faced by my brother . i am sleepless due to this .

I would call your pediatrician to let your doctor know what happened.

The chance of transmission is extremely low because of the amount of time that has passed and the small amount of blood in the exposure. But HCV can live for a long time in the environment, so the risk is not zero.

I would suggest discussing laboratory monitoring of your daughter with her pediatrician. Two things to remember:

1. Children clear HCV spontaneous much more commonly than adults. If she were infected, she would have a much higher chance of clearing the infection on her own compared to you.

2. If a child develops chronic infection, they tolerate treatment much better than adults.

Lastly, since you are aware of the exposure you will be monitoring her closely...If she does get infected and doesn't clear spontaneously, treatment for acute infection will begin. Treatment for acute infection is extremely successful.

Most likely, this will just pass as a bad memory and she will be just fine...She will be running circles around you...Better get to bed and rest up...

nedle prick
Hep B and Pregnancy