|Dying due to worries : ""MY 5 YEAR OLD Girl""" - NEED YOUR ADVISE
Sep 29, 2010
My 5 years old daughter and myself visited my brothers place last weekend, My brother have HCV. During which my daughter had cut her fingers running over a shaving razor, which my brother had kept after using it ( My brother told he used it 15 hours before ). He said that he also had a small cut while he shaved .
My brother and myself are very worried about it .
There was minimum of 15 hours gap.
Doctor what should i do now ? I have already seen pains faced by my brother . i am sleepless due to this .
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would call your pediatrician to let your doctor know what happened.
The chance of transmission is extremely low because of the amount of time that has passed and the small amount of blood in the exposure. But HCV can live for a long time in the environment, so the risk is not zero.
I would suggest discussing laboratory monitoring of your daughter with her pediatrician. Two things to remember:
1. Children clear HCV spontaneous much more commonly than adults. If she were infected, she would have a much higher chance of clearing the infection on her own compared to you.
2. If a child develops chronic infection, they tolerate treatment much better than adults.
Lastly, since you are aware of the exposure you will be monitoring her closely...If she does get infected and doesn't clear spontaneously, treatment for acute infection will begin. Treatment for acute infection is extremely successful.
Most likely, this will just pass as a bad memory and she will be just fine...She will be running circles around you...Better get to bed and rest up...
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do I Need To Get Tested After Fingering A Girl?
- Irritation On Penis Tip After Sex Chlamydia Sti
- Are White Patches That Are On My Toungue A Sign Of HIV?
- Can You Get Hiv If Consumed Contaminated Blood?
- Can You Have Molluscum Contagiosum And Not Have Growths?
- Cut On Finger While Fingering Hiv Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.