Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hep C !!!!!!!!!!!! scared
Sep 5, 2010

I saw someone else has asked you similar question but I will be grateful if you answer mine. Could somehow dried blood on clothes be a risk? Small bloodstains(with HCV infected blood) came in contact with an open wound (it was not bleeding and not a big one but recently bled...so it wasn't scabbed yet). The blood was there for 2 days. Should i worry about this? Why is it recommended that razors and nail-clippers where dried blood could be left shouldn't be shared. Is it the same risk with the clothes or it's not a realistic worry. Thank YOU very much for this website !!!!!!!!

Response from Dr. McGovern

Since your wound is no longer bleeding, it has already developed the protective layer it needs to protect you....I would not recommend any HCV testing for the exposure you describe.

Not sharing razors is a precaution...This is becauses razors can cause bleeding in two consecutive people sharing the same razor.

Previous
Hepatitis A AB Total
Next
hep b and antibiotics

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.