|How to interpret my HEP B AB QUANT (titer) results
Sep 1, 2010
My result is 5.03 mIU/mL the reference is 0.00- 9.99mIU/mL "STATUS OF IMMUNITY" Protective Immunity :greater than or equal to 10mIU/mL (Traceable to WHO International reference Preparation) No Protective Immunity: less than 10mIU/mL Note: The magnitud of the measured result above the cutoff is not indicative of the total amount of antibody present. I guess I am not understanding what a no-protective immunity mean.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Your antibody level is not protective.
You will need another dose of vaccine as a booster.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Blood Test Tell You If You Have An Std?
- Can You Get Herpes If You Use A Condom?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.