Home testing in Canada

Hi Doc, really like what you are doing here. I found lots of useful information so far. However there is 1 question that I am very concerned about and cannot find the answer too:

I really don't want to go to a std clinic for a hiv/hepititus c test for many reasons. I ideally would like to get a "home testing kit" that I can take a sample, send it in, and call for results and counseling. Is there a accurate kit for use in Canada that works for HIV and Hep C? If that is not an option is it possible to get a NAT PCR RNA test done at your family doctors office(in Canada)(for a cost, for free or anything)??

Thank you so much!!

I am not knowledgeable about what is available in Canada for home testing. You might call your local public health office to inquire. Alternatively, there are usually anonymous testing centers where you can get tested with a number only....Again information about this will be from your local public health office.

Safety pin prick
HEPATITIS A AB