Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Home testing in Canada
Sep 1, 2010

Hi Doc, really like what you are doing here. I found lots of useful information so far. However there is 1 question that I am very concerned about and cannot find the answer too:

I really don't want to go to a std clinic for a hiv/hepititus c test for many reasons. I ideally would like to get a "home testing kit" that I can take a sample, send it in, and call for results and counseling. Is there a accurate kit for use in Canada that works for HIV and Hep C? If that is not an option is it possible to get a NAT PCR RNA test done at your family doctors office(in Canada)(for a cost, for free or anything)??

Thank you so much!!

Response from Dr. McGovern

I am not knowledgeable about what is available in Canada for home testing. You might call your local public health office to inquire. Alternatively, there are usually anonymous testing centers where you can get tested with a number only....Again information about this will be from your local public health office.

Previous
Safety pin prick
Next
HEPATITIS A AB

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.