Hepatitis A recovery

I had Hep A a month ago. My ALT-AST had almost recovered since then (ca. from 1000 to 50) and I resumed alcohol and sports. I repeated the test and ALT/AST shot up to ca.250. How long should I refrain from alcohol for and can sports (gym) also be harmful? I am on Kaletra/Kivexa meds

I am surprised that you had another blip up of your liver function tests quite frankly. That is not common with hepatitis A which usually resolves in one phase....not a stuttering course of recovery...

I would definitely stay away from alcohol over this month and get retesting of your liver function tests. I assume you have been on Kaletra and Kivexa (abacavir and lamivudine) for some time now and that you have not have medication induced toxicity in the past.

If you definitely had hepatitis A infection, your IgM antibody should have been positive at the time. If it wasn't, then I would also want you to get testing for hepatitis C and B as well.

result interpretation hepa b
urine exposure to hbv