Sep 1, 2010
Is dried blood contagious when on clothes? I put some of my father's clothes in the laundry (he has HCV) but i'm worried because i had open wound on my hand(not bleeding one). There were some bloodstains on the clothes (about 2-3 days old). I know the blood has to enter the bloodstream but i didn't find any info about old blood stains on clothes? Is it the same danger like razors, nail clippers...because it is said these things should be avoided? Do you think i should be tested? Thanks is advance :)
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not recommend testing for this incident based on your description...
Am I at risk for contracting HCV?
My husbands liver
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Cause Hearing Loss?
- Are High Alt And Ast Indicative Of Hiv?
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Will A Herpes Breakout Always Reoccur In The Same Area?
- What Is The Meaning Chlamydia Igg Test Positive?
- What Do Herpes Symptoms Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.