Sep 1, 2010
Is dried blood contagious when on clothes? I put some of my father's clothes in the laundry (he has HCV) but i'm worried because i had open wound on my hand(not bleeding one). There were some bloodstains on the clothes (about 2-3 days old). I know the blood has to enter the bloodstream but i didn't find any info about old blood stains on clothes? Is it the same danger like razors, nail clippers...because it is said these things should be avoided? Do you think i should be tested? Thanks is advance :)
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not recommend testing for this incident based on your description...
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Fingering Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- How Often To Get Hepatitis B Vaccine Series?
- If Both Partners Are Std Free Can You Still Get An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.