HEP B

Hi Dr. In 2009 i learn I have hep B I took Viread Tenofovir for 12 months. In Feb 2010 my Test report was normal. I Was very happy. May 30, 2010 was last day of my medicine. Now last week my blood test report shows the virus reactive. Here is my test report: AST 33, ALT 48, Bilirubin Total 1.3 and HBsAG Positive. Virus bDNA 3847921. Please explain is this very dangerous or ? Should I Go for med or ? Please advise Thank you for your time. your advise for me mean lot.

How disappointing.

My guess would be that you have chronic hepatitis B with E antigen negative infection. Patients who are E antigen negative often do well on treatment but relapse when treatment is stopped.

The great news is that tenofovir worked well in you and suppressed your virus. I would discuss with your doctor going back on HBV therapy for several years. You will need careful monitoring of your kidney function as well, since tenofovir can sometimes affect function in some patients.

child exposure to dry blood
Am I at risk for contracting HCV?