child exposure to dry blood

Hi. My child (5) had to have a blood draw at the hospital for a possible tick bite(rash). At the end of the blood draw-which was traumatic because he was scared- I noticed the nurse drawing blood had a "blood mark" on her lab coat, it was brown looking. As I was leaving the room I noticed a red spot of dry blood (or something) on the lab room table-on the paper. Im concerned now. I didnt see her open the needle, I was tending to my child. The labratory claims they have safetys on needles, they are only used once- The lab is at a large, reputable hospital and the staff were very kind and helpful in answering my questions. But, Im still worried. I know what I saw. I feel unsettled. Do you think my child has a chance of hiv/hep exposure? should I wait 6 months and test him? are my fears unwarrented?

There is nothing about your story that would suggest to me that a needle was reused. I think you should rest easy tonight knowing that your child is safe and sound. No testing is needed.

HCV
HEP B