HCV

I have a question about HCV transmission. I know it is passed from blood to blood contact (open wound). I am not clear what constitutes an open wound? and is the inside of your anus considered a susceptible entry point for HCV like an open wound? This is the situation my boyfriend had a small shallow laceration on his thumb. He washed his hands and the wound no longer bled. The next day we started foreplay before sex and his wound was clean and free from blood even though it was a fresh wound. In the heat of the moment as we were engaging in foreplay he pushed his thumb into my anus and fingered me for a couple of minutes. When he realized what he was doing he stopped looked at his thumb and there was not any blood coming from the wound, nor my anus. My question is simple what are the chances that I contracted the virus. I know I need to get checked and I know there is a probability I could have contracted it but I want to know if the chances are high or low based off the information which states it has to be an open wound and blood to blood contact. Please just address the probability of me contracting the virus based on the open wound and blood to blood transmission theory.

HCV transmission among MSM is increasing in many medical reports. The risk appears to be greatest in the setting of rectal trauma or other STDs/ulcers.

The way you have described this event, I do not consider this a high risk act. I would be concerned if you described bleeding and trauma, but that does not appear to be the case.

I hope this helps. Remember that rectal trauma is a risk factor for HCV acquisition. You should both be aware of whether you have been vaccinated for hepatitis A and B as well.

THANKS THANKS - You helped me to get through
child exposure to dry blood