|HCV transmission question
Aug 21, 2010
In one of your answers you say that for a transmission to occur we need two bleeding wounds to mix. What about if we have a not bleeding wound coming in contact with dried blood(more than a day dried). Is this a possible route for transmission?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It would be extremely unlikely in my opinion.
If you continue to be concerned, you can always get tested...The antibody test is much less expensive than testing for the virus itself.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.