|HCV transmission question
Aug 21, 2010
In one of your answers you say that for a transmission to occur we need two bleeding wounds to mix. What about if we have a not bleeding wound coming in contact with dried blood(more than a day dried). Is this a possible route for transmission?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It would be extremely unlikely in my opinion.
If you continue to be concerned, you can always get tested...The antibody test is much less expensive than testing for the virus itself.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Steroids Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can Trichomoniasis Cause Red Bumps In Genital Area?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.