|need help mom's hepa b result
Aug 16, 2010
my mom was diagnosed with hepa b few months ago, and it was a shocked to our family, for we didn't know how she got it. she sent to me her result, i was told my mom is infectious , but others say that she is an inactive carrier. here is her result: HBeAg nonreactive(negative) index value 0.176 HBsAg reactive(positive) Anti-HBs negative
my nephew always hangs around with my mom is this something we should be concern about? he is not vaccinated yet i believe.
thank you very much.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
To know if she is inactive, she will need to have testing of HBV DNA and to have some serial liver function tests.
Your nephew should be fine. Hepatitis B is not spread with casual contact.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Anal With Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.