|need help mom's hepa b result
Aug 16, 2010
my mom was diagnosed with hepa b few months ago, and it was a shocked to our family, for we didn't know how she got it. she sent to me her result, i was told my mom is infectious , but others say that she is an inactive carrier. here is her result: HBeAg nonreactive(negative) index value 0.176 HBsAg reactive(positive) Anti-HBs negative
my nephew always hangs around with my mom is this something we should be concern about? he is not vaccinated yet i believe.
thank you very much.
Response from Dr. McGovern
To know if she is inactive, she will need to have testing of HBV DNA and to have some serial liver function tests.
Your nephew should be fine. Hepatitis B is not spread with casual contact.
Hep B and Co-infection
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Sex With A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.