## VERY IMPORTANT ## SHORT QUESTION , WAITING PLEASEE

I had a exposure , which many said very very unlikely to get hcv. As i was worried , On fourth week post exposure ,i got ' hcv rna detected ' by REALTIME PCR RNA . I doubted the results and gave blood for testing to the most reputed lab in india . It came back as ' hcv rna not detected' on 5th week post exposure. But here the testing method was nested pcr rna . I belive the second lab , now all my worries are in sensitivity of nested pcr . Can you please say , can nested pcr detect presence of virus on 5 week post exposure ?

There are many different testing kits and brands for all of these assays. What you can do is look at the reference range for each test on the piece of paper you have. Look at the lower end of the range to see how sensitive they are.

If you have any remaining doubts, get a HCV antibody test by 12 weeks. By then it would be positive if the first one was a true PCR result.

Hepatitis C testing
hepatitis