|fourth time and never got the answer hep b test
Aug 1, 2010
90 days (13 weeks )post my protected sex exposure with an escort in china which took a long time to be done (2 hours )all acts were protected so today i tested negative( HBsAG ) can i move on and forget about it ?? please i need ur advice
| Response from Dr. McGovern
So sorry you haven't received an answer yet....
Symptoms from HBV usually occur within around 90 days (or somewhat longer) but the virus (HBsAg) usually appears by 4 weeks (with a range of up to 9 weeks)....
So you can put this behind you...Take a deep breath...
I also would consider getting a hepatitis B vaccine for protection in the future - safe and very effective!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Herpes Ever Be Cured?
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What Parts Of The Body Are Affected By Chlamydia?
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
- What If Had Sex After Taking The Pills For Chlamydia?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.