|worried about exposure
Aug 1, 2010
my brother has hbv and hcv combined. tuesday i accidentally started to take a drink out of his staw. i did not swallow and rinsed and spit but should i be worried about contracting it. also what is the combo of hbv and hcv called. thanks so much.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not worry about this event at all. I would avoid razors and brushing your teeth with the same toothbrush. We like to avoid using the same toothbrush since brushing teeth can be associated with gum bleeding.
In general, if you live with your brother, it would be reasonable just to have your doctor check whether you had your hepatitis B vaccine in the past and whether you have any protective antibodies left. If not, I would just get a booster. If you have never been vaccinated, it is reasonable to get this done.
There is no special name for the combination of HCV and HBV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.