|Does Hep C live on plastic material
Jul 22, 2010
A person with hepatitis C has a cut covered with a bandaid, and the blood is dried...then the person rinses a dish under the facet and the water drains from the bandaid onto the dish...will a person drinking/eating from this dish get the Hep C virus? How would the virus be killed once it has drained onto the dish from the bandaid?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Even if virus survived, I wouldn't expect transmission from an oral route.
- Loose Stool Worried It Could Be Ars
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Tingling In Feet Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- How Do You Know If You Have Anal Cancer?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.