|Does Hep C live on plastic material
Jul 22, 2010
A person with hepatitis C has a cut covered with a bandaid, and the blood is dried...then the person rinses a dish under the facet and the water drains from the bandaid onto the dish...will a person drinking/eating from this dish get the Hep C virus? How would the virus be killed once it has drained onto the dish from the bandaid?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Even if virus survived, I wouldn't expect transmission from an oral route.
- Is Pain In Penis A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.