|how often test?
Jul 4, 2010
doctor, i have a anti HBs (antibody to hepatitis b surafce antigen) test performed that came up >1000 mIU/mL. i have received a vaccine for Hepatitis A, and tested Negative for Hepatitis C virus antibody. what is anti-HBs >1000 mIU/mL? how often should i have those hepatitis tests every six months? all liver enzymes are normal. thanks doc.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If your surface antibody is >1000 then either you were vaccinated in the past, or you had hepatitis B infection is the past. The way you can tell the difference is to check a core antibody which will be positive in persons with past infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.