|Hep c from safety pin
Jul 4, 2010
I bought a new jacket from my child from a sales rack yesterday. When I got home I pulled out the jacket only to feel a sharp prick only finger. There was an open safety pin in the side of the jacket where the price tag had fallen off. I am worried that someone else or a lot of people may have stuck them selves with the safety pin while looking through the racks. Is this worth worrying about? My finger did not seem to actively bleed but it did penetrate my skin.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not worry about this incident as an issue for HCV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do You Catch A Cold When You First Get Hiv?
- How Much Folic Acid For Neuropathy?
- Can Hiv Go Away On Its Own?
- What Does It Means When Your Repeatedly Reactive On A Hiv Test?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- False Positive Rapid Hiv Screen
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.