|Symptoms and Testing : Results - please reply
Jul 4, 2010
I was afraid of exposure of HCV. After 24 days of exposure, I had mild muscle pains at legs and I did HCV PCR at the 26 day ( 2 days after symptoms ) . It was negative .
Should i do further testing ? are the test results conclusive
Response from Dr. McGovern
Very reassuring results. If the risk of HCV exposure was significant, you should also have antibody testing at 3 months.
Occupational Hepatitis C exposure
Hep c from safety pin
- Is Runny Nose An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Cure Gonorrhea And Chlamydia?
- How Long Do Hep C Symptoms Take To Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.