Occupational Hepatitis C exposure

Please help me out...I am a nurse and two days ago at work, I accidently stuck myself with a dirty needle removed from an Hepatitis C patient. Immediately after the exposure, I squeezed out of my finger as much blood as I could. Am I at a greater risk of contracting HCV? P/S The patient's viral load result is still pending.

You should always report occupational risks of ANY KIND to your place of work. Discuss the case with your employer and appropriate testing for you and the patient.

You will need follow-up testing if the patient has HCV viremia. I would recommend PCR testing in about 4 to 6 weeks. Remember that if could develop viremia, you may still clear the infection on your own...You will need further follow-up to see if that is the case.

can HCV shorten HIV incubation period?
Symptoms and Testing : Results - please reply