|Hep B... Am I at risk
Jul 4, 2010
I just found out my partner was diagnosed with HepB. I have been vacinated probably in the last 10 years for Hep A, B and possibly C. Am I still at risk for contracting it from him?
Response from Dr. McGovern
For partners, I recommend testing your hepatitis B surface antibody to be certain that your antibodies are still at protective levels. If not, you should get a booster.
There is no vaccine for hepatitis C.
Hepatitis A is spread through contaminated food and water.
hiv hipatitis b,c
- When Will A Woman Find Out She Has Gonorrhea?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- What Medication Is Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- What Does Chlamydia Discharge Look Like?
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
- Symptoms Of Shingles Without Blisters
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.