Jun 30, 2010
My boyfriend of 5yrs. recently found out he has HCV. we've had unprotected sex the whole time. His viral load is negetive. Also, I am HCV negetive. Do i have a high risk for getting it through unprotected sex? Should I be routinely checked for it if I continue to stay in this relationship?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B is a viral hepatitis virus that is much more easily transmitted through sex. A vaccine is available for Hepatitis B.
What is normal range of HBV DNA
- Herpes After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.