Jun 30, 2010
My boyfriend of 5yrs. recently found out he has HCV. we've had unprotected sex the whole time. His viral load is negetive. Also, I am HCV negetive. Do i have a high risk for getting it through unprotected sex? Should I be routinely checked for it if I continue to stay in this relationship?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B is a viral hepatitis virus that is much more easily transmitted through sex. A vaccine is available for Hepatitis B.
What is normal range of HBV DNA
- What Happens If Neuropathy Is Left Untreated?
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
- What Else Causes Genital Warts Other Then Hpv?
- What Does Being A Carrier Of Herpes Mean?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Can Herpes Be Mistaken For?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.