HIV/HepC diagnosis

My partner of over 20 years has just been diagnosed with HIV and Hepatitis C. He has withdrawn and won't speak to me at all. I feel helpless. What should I do?

Your partner needs some time to adjust to his diagnosis of these two infections. I think it would be helpful if you could attend his medical appointments to show your support. Your physician may also be able to recommend some support groups. Finally, if time passes and he is still withdrawn, he may need to get some counseling. The important message is that we have excellent therapies for HIV and new treatments for HCV will be available in 2011 that will make a major difference in treatment as well.

You also will need to speak to your physician regarding testing for both infections.

"" ME and MY CHILD "" HELP PLEASE PLEASE : --- Please Reply
HCV transmission