"" ME and MY CHILD "" HELP PLEASE PLEASE : --- Please Reply

I am HCV + . I was on fear of infecting my child . Last Week I was using stitching needle to stitch buttons. I got struck with it on my finger . Had a drop of blood and I just washed the needle in water and continued my job. After about 20 minutes my 6 years old girl playing near me, while catching my hand , picked herself with the same needle, and she had blood.

I am very worried , I know that water does not kill HCV. As i was middle of job i just used water and continued the work. I never expected that this would happen.I regret very much for this incident. when i think i had put my child in risk, I feel like dying.

Some say that HCV cannot stay long washed solid pin and my child is not under problem . But CDC says 4 days( this fact makes me cry a lot and sleepless ). Can it stay long on that needle ?

Should my child undergo testing ?

Please help me . I am very concerned about her life .

Thanks for your help.

I think the risk is extremely low. However, I do think it is reasonable to discuss testing your child for HCV just to be cautious. You will want to discuss this further with your pediatrician.

There is some information that you need to know about children...Even if they are infected with HCV, the spontaneous clearance rates in children are high (eg, clearance of virus without treatment). Secondly, if your child was diagnosed with HCV in the next few months, early treatment (if needed) would lead to cure in more than 90 percent of patients with early infection. Lastly, children tolerate treatment much better than adults.

You should not be hard on yourself. There is no way you could have anticipated that this would happen... And again, I emphasize that I think the risk is very low because you DID wash the blood and the needle was solid and thin. I only advise testing to be on the safe side for your child's health and I know that this is the only thing that matters to you.

HIV and HBsAg are the same?
HIV/HepC diagnosis