Follow up - HCV HIV Co-infection therapy duration

On Feb 20th you replied to question: (HCV HIV Co-infection therapy duration)Question: With a RVR after starting therapy, 11 days, SVR now 32 weeks into treatment, genotype 2, is it possible to shortent my therapy from the UCLA recommendation of 48 months?

You inquired about my baseline VL prior to starting treatment, below.

Baseline Viral load on 07/23/09 was:

HEPATITIS C QUANT, PCR @ 100000 IU/mL NOT DETECTED - ATTENTION: New Linear Detection Range - - The linear detection range is 25 to 200,000,000 IU/mL. - - To determine the number of copies/mL, use the following - Conversion Factor: 1 IU/mL = 2.7 copies/mL. - - This test was developed and its performance characteristics determined by UCLA Clinical Laboratories. It has not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug

Am I interperating this correctly, VL not detected?

No, the way this looks to me, the way you have presented it, is that your result is 100,000, which is a low viral load....

I would strive for 48 weeks of treatment; if you were having significant side effects, I would take that into consideration as well. I would be very comfortable treating for a shorter period of time since you have multiple predictors of early success.

Please help doctor
HIV and HBsAg are the same?