|Please help doctor
Jun 23, 2010
hi! good day doctor I need to be straight forward by asking you to help me interpret my lab test result,HBsAg (Reactive result)167.8 negative cut off 2.00;HBeAg(negative result)0.647 cut off value 1.000;SGPT 13.0 units reference values 5-35 units..I do appreciate doctor please help
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Your HBsAg result is reactive which suggests chronic infection with your normal liver function test (SGPT). I would proceed to getting more testing - specifically for HBeAg and HBVDNA to determine if your infection is active or inactive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take To Get Hiv After Having Sex?
- Can A Man Live With Hiv Woman Straight Sex For Long Without Contacted Hiv?
- What Effects Does Methadone Have On Hepatitis?
- Neuropathy Weakness In Legs
- Who Is At Greater Risk To Get Hiv Top Or Bottom Transmission?
- Can You Get Hiv From Someone Who's Negative?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.