I was examining a Hep C positive patient's eye ( I am an Ophthalmology resident ) yesterday, and as she spoke and coughed I felt a drop of her saliva landing on my lips and perhaps even inside my mouth.

I didn't report this incident to Occupational Health, but in your opinion should I have done so? Also, should I seek Hep C testing for this incident?

Thank you.

I always tell health care professionals to report any incident they are unsure of for their own protection.

However, I do not consider you at risk with this description.

stop hbv medication?
What are the chances of going from undetectable to relapse & continuing treatment to undetectable again?