Jun 22, 2010
I was examining a Hep C positive patient's eye ( I am an Ophthalmology resident ) yesterday, and as she spoke and coughed I felt a drop of her saliva landing on my lips and perhaps even inside my mouth.
I didn't report this incident to Occupational Health, but in your opinion should I have done so? Also, should I seek Hep C testing for this incident?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I always tell health care professionals to report any incident they are unsure of for their own protection.
However, I do not consider you at risk with this description.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.