|hepatitis test result
Jun 22, 2010
My Test result is as under below ,please advise me is there any treatment needed.
HBsAG - Positive
Anti HB c - Positive
HBe Ag - Negative
Anti HBe -Positive
Anti HCV IgM - Non Reactive
Hepatitis B Viral Count(HBV) <3.8 iu/ml -Undeductable range
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Because your surface antigen is reactive, your labs are suggestive of recent acute or chronic HBV infection. The only way to know the difference is to follow up your blood tests six months from now and see if this test is still reactive. Then this would suggest chronic infection.
The good news is that you have no detectable virus. if you are a chronic carrier, you may have inactive disease. This will need follow-up if your surface antigen remains reactive. If your surface antigen turns non-reactive, then I would not pursue any more testing of HBV viral DNA because you have cleared your infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.