Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

REE: dying due to worries , Concerned , Sleepless , OCD, restless ... NEED HELP PLEASE ( U can help me )
Jun 22, 2010

( Posting second time , very worried Please) I am from US , Now i am on tour to india .

Here i underwent Blood test .

I thought they would Follow the safety precautions But they did not . I would say you the scenario please say me the risk factors .

While having Blood test they picked my finger with hand to get a drop of blood on glass plate .I thought that they would sterilize or used new glass plate . Later after giving blood i asked the worker there about the glass plate . He said that the plate will be washed and dried . I was shocked on hearing this and asked him about bleaching and autoclave . He said they don't do that for the small glass plates. He was ignorant about hep c . I advised him to use bleach and hot water and returned very stressed and worried.

One thing was sure . When i touched the plate it was dry and form the things worker said there , it was dry for atleast 12 hours ( I was first to use that plate on that day ) . I am very much worried , if someone with hep c has used this plate about 12 hours before and it was cleaned by water . then i dabbed my pinprick on plate plate to give a drop of blood.

IS infection possible ?

I regret , i could have asked details about the glass plate before testing .Thank God they used fresh syringe to pick my finger .

I took baseline testing for hep C . And i am Vaccinated for Hep b and checked the immune status of hep b . I am immune to hep B form the test result .

I am sleepless due to the things happened.

IS HCV infection possible ?

Response from Dr. McGovern

I would not consider this a risk factor for HCV transmission and would not recommend testing.

Previous
cirrhosis
Next
hepatitis test result

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.