Jun 20, 2010
Can you have normal serum labs and scans, and still get hepatic encephalopthy? Please answer I'm very scared!!!!Thank You in advance.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
A cirrhotic can have normal liver function tests; however, other tests are usually abnormal (eg, low white cell count, low platelets). Hepatic encephalopathy occurs in patients with decompensated cirrhosis as an end-stage finding....These patients cannot communicate....
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Macrobid Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.