Medical student afraid of HCV and testing

Hi i am a medical student from developing country.I am afraid of Hepatitis C as i got exposed to it.On 10/jun/2010 at night i was on duty as a medical student in ER department.A patient came who was HCV positive but he was there for the treatment of Alopacea Areata on the scalp.Duty doctor sugested him intralesional steroids as the doctor was busy so he asked me to inject the steroid with insulin syringe in the scalp of patient.I injected in few sites but as i tried to inject on other lesion of alopacia i felt resistance in injecting needle(as needle became blunt after three or four pricks),i pushed the plunger with force due to resistance,while doing so i felt shower of medicine on my face because the needle was blunt and may be it was not penetrated properly.I saw a drops of blood comming out of the site of needle penetration,i am now worried may be blood got mixed with the medicine which splashed on my face.I am not sure wether medicine went into my eyes or not as i was wearing glasses for my eyesight,but i am also worried because i shaved my beard just half an hour before that incident and i had fresh abrasions and cuts on my face due to shaving.I did not washed my face imediatly and washed it two hours after incident as i was busy with the seniors.Please tell me can Hepatitis C be transfered in this way and do i need testing.What are the chances of getting infected.I am really afraid of testing.Please help me as i am very worried and i think i have ruined my life due to this negligence.Waiting anxiously for your reply.

I always recommend testing for medical personnel for potential exposures - this should be routine and you should get used to seeing your emplolyee health service.

However, you are at extremely low risk.....I would not lose any sleep over this....

am i infected, question from pakistan, pls doc do answer,thanx
cirrhosis