Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

am i infected, question from pakistan, pls doc do answer,thanx
Jun 20, 2010

dear doc, you are not answering my question because i am from pakistan, i am so sorry if i sound harsh, i apologise.please answer my question as this is third time am asking and dont find an answer in archieve, pls do answer. i went to the barber for shave, got a small cut from the blade, he said he used a new blade,while shaving he also had a small cut/scratch on his hand a day old that was'nt bleeding and was invisible to me when i observed it .during the shave i saw him touching his scrach and then touching my small cut.i later found he is hep b+ve, i have heard virus can stay alive for 7 days out of the body. i dont know his hiv status.after two weaks of this incident i got tested for hep b/c and hiv, came back negitive.i am highly stressed and checking everyday if u have answered my post. 1) can hiv or hep be transmitted like this? 2) any further testing is required?

since then i also got 2 doses of hep b vaccine but first dose was after 14 days of this incident.

pls pls pls do answer this time, anxiously waiting. may GOD blesss you always

Response from Dr. McGovern

I am sorry you have been asking your question several times. I receive hundreds of questions from all over the world and can only answer a small portion of these good questions. But thank you for your patience.

I am not concerned about the incident you describe.

I think getting a HBV vaccine is good practice....It is very effective so it is very worthwhile.

I would not pursue any further testing.

I hope this is of some help.

Previous
Risk of coinfection
Next
Medical student afraid of HCV and testing

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.