Jun 13, 2010
My son'r blood test came back postive for hepatitis c...He is 13 yrs old. Never had sex. no transfusion.No drug use and No one in the family Has it.How can this be? Can it be a false postive? I had him re-tested yesterday. Can it be a mistake? Please let me know.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes sometimes there are false positive tests. However, to confirm I would not order the same test. I would order a RIBA test which is more specific.
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Type Of Doctor Treats Shingles?
- What Kind Of Doctor Should I See For Hpv?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Can Happen If Genital Herpes Is Left Untreated?
- Treatment For Perineal Herpes Sore
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.