|hep b core ab igm-postive-- had hep vaccine
Jun 13, 2010
shouldn't I be protected from Hep B??-- currently waiting on a complet heb b panel----
| Response from Dr. McGovern
An IgM would suggest recent/acute hepatitis B. You will need further follow up including your liver function tests.
The pace of the follow-up will also depend on whether you are feeling sick (right upper quadrant pain, nausea, vomiting, etc).
Please talk to your doctor right away about whether any of your contacts need preventive treatment for hepatitis B. Refrain from sex until you speak with your doctor about your hepatitis B infection since it can be sexually transmitted.
You will eventually need follow-up to detemine if the infection has cleared which occurs in the vast majority of adults
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Thrush A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Hair Loss After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.