|telaprevir plus pegylated interferon
May 26, 2010
Have any trials been conducted for treatment of HCV using telaprevir and pegylated interferon alone, but without ribavarin?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The answer is yes and without ribavirin the results are much less impressive.
Ribavirin is a key component of treatment. There are other drugs coming down the pike as well so whether interferon and ribavirin will be part of combination therapy in the future will be determined over the years to come.
Advice on how long I should stay on Interferon
HIV + Hepatitis B
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- Permanent Cure For Genital Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.