Advice on how long I should stay on Interferon
May 26, 2010
I have been on Interferon and Ribaviran for 28 weeks My viral load was 8 million 700 thousand. Within my first two injections it went down to 400.000 I have genotype 3-A Rignt now Im undetectable.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Usually we treat patients with genotype 3a for 24 weeks.
Your doctor may be treating you longer due to a slow response (you didn't mention when you became undetectable) or because you have advanced liver disease. You will need to ask....
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Take Creatine Supplements When I Have Hep C?
- What If You Drink And Eat After A Person That Has Hiv And Aids?
- Testing Hiv Positive In Basic Training
- Does Hiv Cause Geographic Tongue?
- What Do The Open Sores Look Like In Your Mouth When You Get Hiv?
- I Had Sex With Someone Who Had Hep C Does That Mean I Have It
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.