Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

My toddler
May 25, 2010

I was diagnosed with HIV in 2006, I contunie to take my meds daily. The problem is that prior to me being diagnosed with HIV, I had began to get boils on my buttocks. After having my baby and her taking the meds the first six weeks plus being tested 4 times since birth and no sign of the disease, she recently began to get small boils on her behind, I took her to the Dr and they perscribed Bactroban 3x a day for 7 days. well since using the cream I began to notice a hard lump on her behind in another area even after using the cream. There is no bump or anything in the spot, but it feels hard. I am sooooooooooooooooooooo scared because is this is the same things that happen to me when i was diagnosed do you really think that this could be a sign of the same thing, i just wanna get an idea so when I take her to the Dr. I won't have to go throughthe same shock I did when they told me about myself. please help i am soooooo scarred for my baby she is 19 months old

Response from Dr. McGovern

Please direct your HIV questions to the HIV forum. I will say however, that I strongly doubt that your baby has HIV...Put that thought out of your head.

Previous
Platelets 18
Next
Chances of HBV transmission receieving oral sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.