|Dual HCV genotypes 3&4 therapy.
May 12, 2010
Dual HCV genotypes 3 and 4 is common among IVDUs based PLHIV in Manipur, India. Some of the clients who could achieved RVR wants to conclude therapy (Peg IFN + RBV) by 24 wks instead of 48 wks, considering the adverse effects of the therapy. Kindly suggest the possible outcome if therapy is stopped by 24 wks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
It is hard to say since I am sure you are aware that genotype 4 is harder to treat than genotype 3. As you know, tHere is little data on whether you can treat genotype 4 patients with rapid clearance for six months. I think you need to be guided by side effects here.
HEP A AB( TaG+TaM) Positive.
- Will Shingles Occur On Both Sides Of The Face?
- What Will Happen If You Have Sex While Having Hpv?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
- What Is The Quickest Way To Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
- Symptoms Of Advanced Syphilis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.