Dual HCV genotypes 3&4 therapy.

Dual HCV genotypes 3 and 4 is common among IVDUs based PLHIV in Manipur, India. Some of the clients who could achieved RVR wants to conclude therapy (Peg IFN + RBV) by 24 wks instead of 48 wks, considering the adverse effects of the therapy. Kindly suggest the possible outcome if therapy is stopped by 24 wks.

It is hard to say since I am sure you are aware that genotype 4 is harder to treat than genotype 3. As you know, tHere is little data on whether you can treat genotype 4 patients with rapid clearance for six months. I think you need to be guided by side effects here.

HEP A AB( TaG+TaM) Positive.
test