high level of CPK due to prolonged use of Baraclude tab. 0.5 mg

Hello Dr. I am 58 years age. Last 24 months taking baraclude 0.5 mg tab to suppress HBV DNA counts. In first 6 months HBV DNA counts decreased from 100000 to not detectable (ND) level and being maintained ND. Liver Functions are also maintaining normal. Recently I have developed frozon shoulder problem and during the physiotherepy muscular pain increased. Blood test report indicated CPK level at 249 U/L against normal range 24 to 195 U/L. HBs Ag is still +ve

My question is (1) Is it due to side effect of Baraclude 0.5 mg tab. (2) Can I stop Baraclude at this stage ? (3) If I stop baraclude can the heapatities B virus be controlled by any other medicine ? (4)Up to what level of CPK it is safe to continue baraclude

Congratulations of the non-detectable viral load you have achieved. This is great news.

I don't think the mild increase in muscles enzymes are related to entecavir (Baraclude)... Are you possibly on a statin?

You need to speak with your doctor as to whether you can stop your medication now. It will completely depend on whether you are HBeAg + or -.....Patients who are HBeAg- need long term treatment.

Accidental needle stick
Test Result Interpretation