|Hepatitis A Ques.Hlp
May 12, 2010
Hi doctor, I am immune from Hep B. I have recently taken the Hep A vaccine. Actually, Just finished the second and (last) dose of the Hep A vaccine around 6 months ago. Do you think i should do a specific blood test to see whether or not my body developed immunity from Hep A ? thanks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
The hepatitis A vaccine is so effective that routine testing of antibody after immunization is not recommended.
AHBc (core antibody) Reactive
Accidental needle stick
- Sucking Penis Should I Get Tested
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Donate Blood If You Have An Std?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
- How Long Do Hep C Symptoms Take To Occur?
- If You Use A Condom Correctly Can You Get A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.