|AHBc (core antibody) Reactive
May 12, 2010
Hi, my blood test report says that AHBc (core antibody) Reactive.. what does that mean??
Response from Dr. McGovern
It either means that you have chronic infection or past infection that cleared. You need to get your surface antigen and your surface antibody to tell the difference.
If the HBsAg is positive then you have chronic infection. If your HBsAb is positive then you had hepatitis B in the past and you have cleared.
Hepatitis A Ques.Hlp
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Headache?
- Is Cold Feet A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Jock Itch A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Red Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.